Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Word Of Kings

For the word of a king is authority and power...

In Bible times, a king’s word carried tremendous power. Whatever he decreed would come to pass. It was not contested.

Do you know that you are a king? The Bible tells us that Jesus who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, has made us kings [Revelation 1:5–6, KJV]. As kings in Christ, your words carry power too. Whatever you decree will come to pass.

When you declare that you will have a great day - it will come to pass. When you speak the word of God in your life, that word of God will manifest. When you lay your hands on a sick person and say, “Be healed,” the person is healed. When you say to someone "Be blessed," that person is blessed. There is power in your words because they are the words of kings!

Since your words carry power, it means that if you speak or declare negative words over a person or situation, it will also come to pass. When you tell your child, "You always make mistakes," it is like a curse to him/her. Very often we are tempted to declare the apparent situation but that often leaves us defeated. So rather than saying, “I am always in need of money,” say, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want” [Psalm 23:1]. Instead of saying, “I am so useless. I can’t achieve anything positive,” start saying, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” [Philippians 4:13].

As a king, what you say will come to pass because where the word of a king is, there is power. Let your prayer routine have time when you make declarations from the word of God. Learn and choose to say what God says about you in His Word, and see His promises come to pass in your life!

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for Your Son who has loved me, washed me from my sins with His own blood, and has made me a king. I thank You for the power and authority in my words, especially that whatever I decree will come to pass. Father, forgive me for any idle words I may have spoken. I take back any negative words I have declared over my life. Being conscious of the power in my words, I begin to declare Your promises over my life (declare the word of God over your life or any situation that is a challenge to you). May I also use this power of my words to bring life and love to those around me. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Nov. 06 2010 - Psalms 21-22 (OT) , Revelations 17 (NT)

Joyful 'Toons For Today
God’s Love and Mine…