Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Trusting God's Abilities

When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”
“Yes, Lord,” they replied.

The Bible tells us that it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him [Hebrews 11:6]. The blind men in today's verse of scripture demonstrated their belief that God was able to heal them. Their level of faith was such that they believed God could do it for them all by Himself. Today, God still expects us to demonstrate our trust and belief in His abilities.
God has allotted to each of us a measure of faith [Romans 12:3]. Not everyone is at the same level of faith and this is because not all have developed their initial portion of faith. We may know by reading, hearing and seeing from the lives of others that "nothing is too hard for God". But it is worth it to experience that part of our loving Father who delights in impossibilities.


There is nothing that is too difficult for God to do. He can deal with your past and your present. He is the one who does miracles so great. He is the one who can restore you the years that seemed to be taken from you. Today your loving Father speaks to you concerning whatever you are believing Him for. He asks, "Do you believe that I am able to do it for you?" If you search yourself deeply and you realize the answer is "no", it is simply an opportunity to grow and develop your faith. If your answer is "yes", it is time for you to start exercising your faith on God's word. Trust in God and His ability to do it for you.
 
Prayer: My Loving Father, there is nothing too hard for You to do. I thank You for when it comes to my life, there is no problem You cannot solve. As I search myself today, help me identify my actual level of faith. Where I need to grow and develop, please show me how I can do so. May I experience the sweetest discoveries of You as I begin to trust in Your ability to perfect that which concerns me. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Dec. 23 2010 - Psalms 101-102 (OT), Mark 8 (NT).

God’s Love and Mine…