Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Watching Over One Another

And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities...

There are days when we get so caught up in what is happening around us that we do not realize there are people beside us who are passing through difficult times. The verse of scripture for today is a reminder to watch over one another. It is a reminder to diligently and attentively consider each other's trials, difficulties, and weaknesses; feel for each other, and excite each other to an increase of love to God and man; and as proof of it, to be fruitful in good works.

You never know who needs an encouraging word from you. You never know whose life will be changed by having you listen for five minutes. You never know whose life will be saved when you ask "how are you today?" You never know who would have backslid if not for you.

Hebrews 10:25 further says "...not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together as believers...but encouraging one another..." Now more than ever we need to meet together with people of like faith. All of us need to be encouraged because each of us will encounter obstacles on our pathway. We need to share our good times with others so that they may be encouraged, and we need to share our bad times with others so that they may encourage us.

As you start today, ask God to help you be a blessing to someone's life.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for this day You have given me. I need not be anxious about anything because as I cast my cares upon You, I know You are able to take care of my needs. I pray, Father, that today and always, You will help me to be more sensitive to people around me. Help me see someone whose life I could make a difference in. Give me wisdom in approaching and dealing with those I come across today. May my light shine before someone today that You may be glorified. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Dec. 08 2010 - Psalms 73-74 (OT), Matthew 22 (NT)

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…