Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

My Ways Are Higher Than Your Ways

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord.
"And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts..."
 
Just as you have your thoughts, so does God. And just as you have your ways of doing things, so does God. While you may think about things concerning you, God's thoughts are higher than that. An example of our ways being different from God's ways is in forgiveness. When we forgive we cannot forget; but, when God forgives sin, He remembers it no more.

There are some times you may have questions and wonder "why?" You wish to know the answers to why certain things have to happen. But if you look back, you will find out that there are some situations that have turned out for good for you, though when it was happening, you wondered why. God's plan is something people would have never dreamed of. His thoughts towards you are only of good.

He says to you today, "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts and my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine."


Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you that your thoughts towards me are only of good and not evil. I am awed by the truth that your thoughts and your ways are higher than mine. Help me to trust You in every situation and be reminded of the truth of your thoughts and ways. May I have a believing, obedient spirit even when I don’t fully understand Your plan. Help me to understand your ways that I may reflect the character of Jesus Christ. I pray that even when I am not sure of your ways towards me, that when I look back, I will be able to see how good your plans are for me. These I pray in Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Jan. 25 2010 - Exodus 14-15 (OT), Matthew 24 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray for a Godly legacy. Pray that this year you will pass on life transforming truths from God's Holy Word to those around you and those who follow you. Pray that these truths are reflected in your actions, your thoughts, and your words. Pray that with the help of the Holy Spirit you will honor God in every area of your life so that you can influence others for the Kingdom of God. Supporting Scriptures - Mark 16:15-16, 2 Tim 2:15.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for Jos, Nigeria where there is a religious crisis. Pray for wisdom and righteousness for all decision makers in this situation; for just actions by the military to restore order; for peace in Jos, and for the LORD’s protection of His people.

Joyful 'Toon for Today



God's Love and Mine, Rita.