Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Growing Spiritually (6) - Becoming More Like Jesus Christ

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Becoming like Jesus Christ is a way of life. It encompasses everything we do including our thinking process. It includes our every waking moment, our culture, our countenance, our relationships, our jobs, everything. Making a conscious effort to behave like Jesus Christ at every one of these times, like ticking off a checklist, could be a bit overwhelming. We would be bound to forget at times. Our human nature will seek to rule at other times, and we could only be left with guilt and depression at the outcome of our self effort.

Jesus characterized a wholesome person. He was tried many times and in different situations, but each time He came out with a character consistent with His core belief - His faith in God. For Him it was His way of life, His very nature.

In John 14:26, Jesus shows an understanding of our human nature, knowing we could not be like Him when our flesh is constantly at war with everything good in us. Jesus offers us help that will enable us be like Him. He gave us the Holy Spirit to be our helper. He will be our counselor, He will be the still small voice who knows what it takes to be like Jesus Christ in every situation. He will teach us and remind us in love everything we have learnt of the character of Christ.

Seeing that the ace in becoming like Jesus Christ is walking with the Holy Spirit, let us embrace Him more and more. If you ask your Loving Father,  you will receive. Ask today that the Holy Spirit will fill you and walk with you daily, that you may attain the height of Christ-like living.

Prayer: My Loving Father, You have understood the challenge of walking like You in the environment I find myself in. I appreciate Your love Lord and ask that You fill me with the Holy Spirit, Your presence that I will be like You in everything I do. I am aware Lord that with Your help I can overcome every human nature that has ruled me. I embrace the Holy Spirit to lead and rule me from now onwards. Let the glory of my life be returned to You in Jesus Name, Amen.


One Year One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - May 22 2010 - 1 Chronicles 24-25 (OT), Romans 10 (NT).

Pray For Someone Today - Pray for Christians who have put their faith in God but are facing great trials of their faith. Pray for the strength of our Lord Jesus Christ to encourage everyone at the verge of losing faith. Pray that breakthrough and a great testimony will be the portion of the Christian going through difficult times right now.

God's Love and Mine...