Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Do Your Best And Leave The Rest

The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it

[1 Thessalonians 5:24, NIV]

Have you at some time found yourself under extreme pressure? Have there been episodes in your life when you were so burdened by tasks and responsibilities that there was simply no breathing space to prepare for your service to God?  During these times do you go about with a feeling of guilt, thinking you are not giving your best to God and might be punished somehow for it? You know you want to spend the time with God but you are entangled in some other events that helplessly take your attention.

In 1 Thess.5:14-22, we are encouraged to do our best for God. In service, to exhort, warn, comfort, rejoice, pray, and express our gratitude to God among other things. We should always do our best in our Christian life and service, but when pressure-periods come and we just don’t have the time we need, we are encouraged to know that The One who has called us is faithful, and will do His calling in our lives. We should therefore do our best and prayerfully trust God’s faithfulness, leaving the rest to Him. He is able to produce maximum results from our weakest efforts.

Prayer: Thank you Jesus for being there for me in my times of strength and in times of weakness. Lord I commit my self to you, let your strength be made manifest in my weakness. Do not let me stumble as a result of my efforts, I lean on you completely. Loving Father please take away every pressure that hinders me from serving you right in Jesus name.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sept. 03 2010 - Ezekiel 24-26 (OT), 1 Timothy 3 (NT).