Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Before You Quit

"Now pick up the other arrows, ... Strike the ground." The king struck the ground three times and then quit. The Holy Man became angry with him: "Why didn't you hit the ground five or six times? Then you would beat Aram until he was finished. As it is, you'll defeat him three times only."

Jehoash, king of Israel, thought he had done well when he struck the ground three times and quit. To him, it seemed to be an extraordinary act of his faith, but the prophet Elisha was disappointed because he had stopped halfway.

Yes, he did receive something; in fact, he received what he had believed God for. Yet Jehoash did not receive everything that the Lord wanted to bestow on him. He missed much of the meaning of the promise, and the fullness of the blessing. He did receive more than any human could have offered, but he did not receive God's best.

We know that God is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think [Ep 3:20-21], yet there is the following limitation: “according to His power that is at work within us.” He will only do as much for us as we will allow Him to do in us. The same power that saved us, washed us with His blood, filled us with the power of His Holy Spirit, and protected us through numerous temptations will work for us to meet every emergency, every crisis, every circumstance, and every adversary.

You may have been praying for a long time concerning a promise or you may have been standing on the promises of God for a while now. If His promise has not yet come to pass, it is not the time to stop trusting Him. Ask your Loving Father if there is more you should do as you await His promise. Ask Him to search your heart and show you if there is anything that will prevent you from receiving His promise in full. Allow Him to work in you.
 
Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for always desire the best for me. You remain my God who is able to do immeasurably above all that I could ask or think. Father, as I await the fullness of the physical manifestation of your promises (you may mention anything you are believing God for), I pray that I do not become complacent nor will I give in to the temptation to quit. I pray that You show me if there is any area of my life where you require more from me. Thank You Father, for I know You hear and answer prayers. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Dec. 27 2010 - Psalms 107-108 (OT), Mark 11 (NT).


God’s Love and Mine…