Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Called and equipped



 Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations:
Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.
...He says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth.” 
[Isaiah 49:1-2, 6 NIV]

No matter who we are, no matter what we believe we do or do not have, God's word still stand true for all His children today. Even before we were born He had equipped us for the task ahead. He made our mouth like a sharpened sword, to be precise in it every use. He hid us in the shadow of His hands, protecting us in all our ways, He made us into a polished arrow, sharp enough to hit the right target, and concealed us in His quiver so that we are available to be drawn out for use at our appointed time.
The same God who has prepared us tells us to look beyond what our eyes can see to boundaries beyond our imagination, because where we are seeing is small compared to the plans He has in mind for us (v.6).
This is what the LORD says:“In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances, to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’(Isaiah 49:8-9a).

We are called to be a light to a dying world, we are called to be the salt of the earth. A pot of soup does not require a whole jar of salt but just enough to give it taste, that means it is not the quantity that matters but the potency, so it is with us as Christians. It is not about whether we sit in any position of leadership in the church or about whether we have lived as christian for many years, its not about if we give the highest amount in tithes and offerings or about how many people know who we are when our name is mentioned, its about how connected we are to the source of our strength.

The one who called us equipped us even before our lives began, His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us, that is all that we need to function in His vineyard. We have not been called to receive the blessings for ourselves, but we have been called to spread forth that which we have received to the world around us.


Prayer: Father, I surrender the totality of my life to be used by You, as I step out into this day use me just as You will, not by my own strength but by Your spirit. I choose to serve You because that is the reason for which I live, strengthen me and show me how, each and everyday as I come to You. Amen



One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Dec. 10 2010 - Psalms 77-78 (OT), Matthew 24 (NT)