Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

The Place Of Refreshing

...We went through fire and water,
but then You brought us out and refreshed us...

This Psalm comes from verses [Psalm 66: 9-12] that speak about what God had done for His people. He kept them alive, and they had gained victory over their enemy. God had given them a good leader, and had brought them out of a period of great trials. He took them to a place of great abundance and refreshed them.

The place of every believer is a wealthy place - a place of refreshing. Consider how you have been translated from a life of sin into a life of righteousness. Consider how you have been saved by grace and loved unconditionally by your Loving Father. That alone can leave you thanking God for such a glorious deliverance and such a bountiful heritage. But more awaits you.

Your Loving Father has promised that "when you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you". Can you think of any situation you have passed through that has resulted in a testimony? Can you think of any victories you have had with God?

Your place as a believer is a refreshing place. As you start today, may you receive a refreshing.

Prayer: My Loving Father, it is easy to forget the testimonies and miracles I have experienced with You. I thank You, Father, for lifting me up, for giving me eternal life and for the many testimonies I have with You. Thank You for the refreshing You have given me. Thank You for the wealthy place You have prepared for me. I bless You, Lord, for indeed You are awesome. Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Apr. 30 2010 - 2 Kings 2-5 (OT), Acts 17-18 (NT).

Suggested General Prayer Point - Praise and thank God for His works. Give thanks to God, for He is good and His love endures forever.

God's Love and Mine...