Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Your Loving Father Will Lead You On Gently

...I will lead on gently, according as the cattle that goes before me and the children are able to endure...

These words depict Jacob's concern for his family and the livestock. He would not allow them to be driven too hard for even one day. He planned to lead them only one as fast as they were able to endure. He knew exactly how far they could go in a day, and he made that his only consideration in planning their travel. He had taken the same wilderness journey years before. He knew from personal experience its roughness, heat, and distance. His family had not been through that way before. And so he said, “...I will lead on gently..."

In your walk with God, you have never been through the path you are following now. To you it is a new and unknown ground, but Your loving Father knows all about it. Jesus Christ knows it all through His personal experience. He knows the steep places, the rocky paths, the slippery stones, the hot and shadeless roads, the mountains and the rivers. Jesus has gone through it all before you.  He will never make you take one step beyond what your feet are able to endure. If you are at a place where you think you are unable to take another step, He will either strengthen you to make you able, or He will call you to a sudden halt, and you will not have to take it at all.

Your Loving Father knows that your walk with Him is something new and unknown. He will lead you gently. He will not lead you to paths you are unable to pass through.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for going before me in my journey. In Your love and grace, You lead me on gently and take me to places I can eventually pass through, though the path may not be smooth. I pray for enough light for the step I am on, and strength to make the next step. I pray for understanding, when we have to take a path I am not familiar with. I also pray that you teach me how to deal with others, believers and non-believers alike, to walk/work with them at their pace, and make what they have to do or go through easy for them. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Apr. 08 2010 - 1 Samuel 30-31 (OT), John 17 (NT).

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for all believers. Pray that all believers may be one. Pray that believers will also be in God and Christ so that the world may believe the Gospel. Pray that what Jesus Christ did for believers will not be taken for granted but that they will live in the fullness of who they are in Christ.
God's Love and Mine...