Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I Correct Whom I Love

...whom the Lord loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights.

These verse of scripture follow advice for children of God not to despise correction from God or be weary of His admonitions. Whom the Lord loves He corrects, even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights. Your Loving Father does not want you to go astray. Rather He desires that you develop as you grow, and receive all that is your entitlement as His child.

Most times when there is an unexpected situation or a deviation in the plans of a child of God, "the devil" is blamed and the prayer is focused on "fighting the devil". Not every challenge is an attack, and even if God allows an attack from the enemy, He still keeps His protective hedge around His children. A situation could also be a consequence of disobedience, the pain necessary for growth, or God's way of getting your attention. For instance, God can allow the removal of a "god" in your life, so that you will get back on track in your walk with Him.

Are you in a place where you feel your Loving Father is trying to correct you and admonish you? Take it as an assurance of His love for you, for He corrects those He love. Should you face a situation which you do not understand, ask your Loving Father to explain to you what it represents. You can ask, "Could it be a way of making you grow? Could it be a chastisement? Or could it be an attack from the enemy?"

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for taking the time to correct me in love, because You love me. Knowing that You do not correct me to hurt me but because You want the best for me, I am encouraged ansd strengthened. Before I pray for any situation, may I remember to ask You what may be the cause of the situation, so that my prayers will be effective. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - May 15 2010 - 1 Chronicles 9-12 (OT), Romans 1-2 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for single mothers. Pray that God will minister to their every need-emotional, spiritual, physical, and financial. Pray that should there be times when they feel lonely, they will be comforted.
Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…