Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Source Of Wisdom

For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom;
from His mouth come knowledge and understanding

Life comes with its decision points. When we consider the many areas that affect our lives, such as our family, finances, health and spirituality, we realize that wisdom is something that we all need. Wisdom is defined as knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight. It is the application of knowledge needed to live a good life. It is the quality of being prudent and sensible.

The ability to make informed decisions at any point in time can save us and our families much pain and regrets. Wisdom can be obtained from a few sources. Wisdom can be gained from other wise people (Proverbs 11:14). However, every situation is unique to an individual and what may have worked for someone else may not work for you. That is why you need to ask the One who knows it all. If you need wisdom, ask Our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking (James 1:5).
Your Loving Father, who knows the number of hairs on your head, is concerned about every detail of your life. He gives skillful and godly wisdom. It is wisdom that is applicable in every situation. It is wisdom that is divine. It is wisdom that makes you capable and an expert in what you do. It is the wisdom that makes the difference.

As you start today, realize that you can call upon Your Loving Father for wisdom to handle any situation in your life. At the same time, do not take for granted the counsel of knowledgeable people. Take out time to search the scriptures that you may gather knowledge to apply in your everyday life.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I know You desire that I live a good and godly life. There are times when I do not have because I did not ask. Father, I ask for wisdom from You as I make my daily decisions. I pray for guidance and direction concerning the decisions I make for every area of my life. (If there is any area where you need wisdom, pray specifically for that area). Please lead me to wise people who will give me godly counsel should I seek their advice for any decision. Help me to also appreciate and surround myself with people older and wiser than myself, who set for me an example of wisdom, maturity, and perseverance. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - May 27 2010 - 2 Chronicles 2-5(OT), 1 Corinthians 1 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those who are desiring more in their spiritual life. Pray that the Spirit of God will give them a refreshing for their spirit and encouragement to keep them going on. Pray that they will encounter people, words and experiences that will help them deepen their relationship with God. Pray that they will overcome any strongholds that may deter them in their walk with God.

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…