Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Acceptance From Those Who Know You

Then Jesus told them, “A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family.”

Jesus Christ found it difficult being accepted by the people who knew Him and where He was coming from. Though they should have respected Him the more because he was one of them, they despised Him and did not believe in Him. As a result, He could not do many mighty works in His hometown, Nazareth.

For most people who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal saviour, the hardest people to convince of their new birth are the people who knew them and where they are coming from.  These are the people who know their weakness. These are the people who can make them backslide. These are the people that can taunt and persecute them. These are the ones who will be the first to say they are Christians yet they have committed a sin. These are the people who will remind them of their past and keep record of any mistakes they may make. Yet these are the very same people God wants them to reach.

Do you find it difficult reaching out to people who knew you when you were less passionate about God? Do you encounter people who remind you of things you want to put behind? Be comforted in the knowledge that Jesus Christ has been there before and He knows how you feel. Take heart for He has overcome the world for you. It is not by your effort that you will make people see the light in you, but by the Spirit of God who is at work in you.

Prayer: My Loving Father, indeed you know how I feel about reaching out to people who will not accept me because they know my weaknesses or where I may be coming from. Thank You Father for going ahead of me and overcoming the world. I pray for the grace to press on should I encounter people who want to make me feel that I am not truly Your child. I pray that where my words are not sufficient, my life will minister to them. If You are calling me to reach out to these people, I pray for Your guidance and enablement. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 16 2010 - Job 11-15 (OT), 2 Corinthians 5 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those who have been called to bring salvation to their families. Pray that with the help of the Holy Spirit, they will be able to withstand any persecution or discouragement. Pray that their livestyles will be example of the true Christian nature, and by their lifestyle, their family members will desire to know more about God. If you know anyone called for such a purpose, please remember that person in your prayers today.

Joyful Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…