Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

He takes responsibility over us

Jesus replied, "They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat"

Although Jesus sought to be by himself, multitudes followed him about to hear him speak and to receive miracles. This moved Jesus to compassion so that he wouldn't drive them away. The behavior of the multitudes indicated their need for and dependence on him. As long as they were with him, Jesus took full responsibility for their welfare, beyond just teaching and healing. He fed them.

As children of God, all believers become the personal responsibility of a sovereign, all powerful God who cares for each of His children. He invites us to cast all our cares upon him, rather than take matters into our own hands trying to manipulate and control our circumstances. Like the multitude we need to show our dependence on Him by humility.

As members of God's family, all believers have direct access to God as their heavenly Father through Jesus Christ. While God knows our needs before we ask (Matt. 6:32), we are to take our needs and those of others to God's throne of grace in prayer. God is not only concerned with our spiritual wellbeing, He is concerned about our day to day affairs and has made provision to step in and help us.

Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need ...by casting all our cares upon Him, for He cares for us.

Prayer: Most high father, I humble myself before you and admit that i can't handle everything that comes my way. I submit myself to you alone, please represent me in all my affairs. When I am weak, you are strong. When I am poor, you are rich. When I am foolish Lord, you are wise on my behalf. I pray also for my friends and loved ones. We will continue to recount your everlasting faithfulness to us. Take the glory Lord, in Jesus name.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 17 2010 - Job 16-20 (OT), 2 Corinthians 6 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for God's children engaged in essential and risky jobs. If you know anyone working in hazardous situations and is at risk, bring this person's safety up to God in prayer.

God's love and mine...