Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Drastic Measures Are Sometimes Needful

If your hand or your foot causes you to lose your faith, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life disabled or injured than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into everlasting fire.

There are certain areas of your life, especially in your walk with God, where drastic measures are needed. You may find out that being with someone causes you to continually sin. You may found out that listening to a particular piece of information may cause you to be pessimistic and make negative confessions. Situations like this need drastic measures.

Jesus Christ in His words teach us that anything that will cause us to lose our faith, we should cut off and throw away. You should be ready to part with something that seem dear to you if it causes you to sin. Nothing should be considered to dear to part with to enable you partake and continue living in the life God has planned for you. Some analogies to cutting off a hand are when Abraham left his native country, for fear of being ensnared in the idolatry of it, and when Moses left Pharoah’s court, for fear of being entangled in the sinful pleasures of it.

Just as drastic measures are needed to enable you enter life, drastic measures are needed when you need to lay hold of the things God has promised and given to you. Ask God to reveal to you what drastic measures you need to take today.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I know it is Your desire that no one perishes. I thank You for teaching me what I could do to ensure I enter life. Father, I pray that You help me identify those things in my life that need cutting off or throwing away, be it habits, people or sin. I pray that You strengthen me, as I obey You, to cut off those things that are not valuable to my life. Teach me what else I should do to lay hold of Your promises for me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 30 2010 - Psalms 23-30 (OT), Galatians 6 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for people believing God for a life partner. Pray that God will teach them how to prepare for the person they will be spending the rest of their lives with. Pray that their eyes will be opened to see the person whom God has prepared for them. Pray that they will seek the face of God to make the right decisions in the choice of a life partner. 

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…