Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Delay Is Not Denial

This vision is for a future time.
It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled.
If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently,
for it will surely take place.
It will not be delayed.

Whatever God has spoken, promised or declared, it will come to pass. Delays in answers to prayers are not denials. In fact, during those periods of delays, there are deep secrets of love and wisdom that we have never imagined, if only we can open our eyes and hearts to see them. Though we would like things to happen our own way and at our own time, God wants us to wait until they are fully ripe.

“The LORD longs to be gracious to you.... Blessed are all who wait for him!” [Isa 30:18]. The Lord watches over us in all the difficult places, and He will not allow even one trial that is too much for us. He will use His refining fire to burn away our impurities and will then gloriously come to our rescue.

What God has promised you will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. Do not grieve Him by doubting His love. Instead, lift up your eyes and begin praising Him right now for the deliverance that is on its way to you. Then you will be abundantly rewarded for the delay that has tried your faith.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for Your unfailing and abundant love towards me. I know You long to be gracious to me and I trust that Your plans for me are only good. Even as I wait on You concerning this area of my life (mention any area where You are expecting an answer from God), may I not miss the treasures and wisdoms that comes in the waiting period. May I learn and understand all that You want me to during this period. I pray for grace and strength to wait on You. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - July 10 2010 - Psalms 71-80 (OT), Phillippians 4 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for the those who have to live far from their homes because of work or ministry, especially those in non-Christian environments. Pray that no matter how far away they are, they will make out time to grow spiritually. Pray that the loved ones they left behind will be protected.

God’s Love and Mine…