Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Doing A Beautiful Thing

...She has done a beautiful thing to me...

A woman (supposed to be Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus) had a box of ointment very precious, which she poured upon the head of Christ as He sat at meat. The pouring of ointment upon the head of Christ was a token of the highest respect, for the smell was very pleasant, and the ointment itself was refreshing to the head. It was an act of love and respect to Him. This act of faith and love was so remarkable, that it would be reported, as a memorial of Mary's faith and love, to all future ages, and in all places where the gospel should be preached. This prophecy is fulfilled even until this day.

Where there is true love in the heart to Jesus Christ, nothing will be thought too good to bestow upon Him. Not what you own, your money, your time or your service will be too good for Him. None of the things you have done in gratitude, in love and respect for Christ is a waste. It is a beautiful thing to Him. 

If you have the opportunity to give anything, of yourself, of your possessions, of your time, to the service of God, let it come from the heart. Ask God to give you a heart that truly loves Him, that your deeds will be beautiful things to Him.


Prayer: My Loving Father, I am blessed to know some of the things that touch You. My love, faith and respect mean so much to You. I pray Father, that my value system and my priorities will be aligned with Yours. My Lord, I pray for opportunities to express my love to You. May I never withhold my very best from You. May my acts and my works be regarded as beautiful things to You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - July 09 2010 - Psalms 65-70 (OT), Phillippians 2-3(NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those whose hearts have been hardened towards God because of situations in their lives. Pray that they will have a fresh encounter with the Holy Spirit. Pray that their eyes of their heart will be opened  to see that God loves them and never wants to hurt them. If you know of anyone in such a situation, lift up the person in your prayers today.

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…