Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Forgiveness And Prayer

"...But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too."

Jesus Christ said these words to His disciples when He was assuring them that they can pray for anything, and if they believe that they have received it, it will be theirs.This shows the importance of forgiveness in receiving answers to our prayers. Again, we all want God to forgive us our sins. Forgiving those who have wronged us is a good step towards obtaining the pardon of our own sins.

When we are at prayer, we must remember to pray for others, particularly for our enemies, and those that have wronged us. We cannot pray sincerely that God would do them good, if we bear malice to them, bear a grudge, meditate revenge, speak and wish them ill. We should forgive them sincerely from our heart, and where possible reach out to them to be reconciled with them.

May an unforgiving spirit not hinder answers to our prayers. May unforgiveness not prevent us from receiving forgiveness from God. If there is anyone you know who may have wronged you, or who you have wronged, and you are habouring an unforgiving spirit towards that person, take out time to be reconciled with the person in the best way you can.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for the assurance that I can pray for anything and if I believe that I have received it, it will be mine. Lord, You also said that if I am praying and I hold a grudge against anyone, I should forgive that person. Father Lord, I pray You search my heart and reveal to me anyone whom I am holding a grudge against. I pray, Father, for grace and ability to forgive that person sincerely. I pray that the person's heart will also be receptive towards me, that we may be reconciled. May unforgiveness not come in between my receiving answers to prayers. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - July 20 2010 - July 19 2010 - Proverbs 2-10 (OT), 2 Thessalonians 1 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for premature babies. Pray for the healing touch of God upon the babies. Pray that the spirit of God will bring life to their mortal bodies. Pray that every organ in their body will function properly, as God intended. Pray that they will grow with each passing day, be nourished, and be strong. If you know of any family who has a premature baby, lift that family up in prayer today.

God’s Love and Mine…