Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Victory Rests With God

Do your best, prepare for the worst-
then trust God to bring victory.

There are people who are believing God for answers to prayers but do not want to act. God expects us to play some part in receiving from Him. One of such ways is in planning or preparing for what we want to receive.

God still performs miracles and does supernatural things. Yet, our preparedness counts. One searching for a job needs to get his credentials and prepare for tests and interviews. One who is ill may need to see a doctor and take medication (whether drugs or the word of God). One who wants to ace his exams would have to study. One who wants to start a business may have to carry out a market survey. Some level of planning and preparedness is needed.

With all our preparedness and readiness, we can trust God to bring the victory. However, we must seek Him and trust Him for our success in whatever we set out to do. When success is obtained, we must give God all the glory. Our concern as we prepare must be to make God our friend, involve Him in our plans, and secure His favour.


Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for in You I have the victory. Lord, as I wait on You for answers to my prayers, show me areas where I can prepare. May I not make my plans without You. I will do my best, prepare for the worst, but trust You to bring victory. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - July 23 2010 - Proverbs 21-31 (OT), 2 Thessalonians 3-4 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…