Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Founded On Solid Rock

I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.

Jesus Christ here talks about the one who not only hears His words but does them, thinks on them, and speak them, and act on them. The rock is Christ and the house is our soul. Nothing will shake the one who builds his soul upon God's word and acts on it. Neither the flood, which is likened to the devil who fell from heaven, nor the rivers, which are mean and harmful men filled to overflowing by such a flood, nor the winds, which are trials and temptations, can cast down such a person.

We are here encouraged to let the word of God dwell deeply and richly in us and found our hope upon Christ, who is the Rock of ages. This is to help us prepare for times of trials and temptation that we may keep our integrity, remain steadfast in the Lord,  keep our comfort, peace, hope, and joy, even in the midst of the greatest distresses. By being founded on the Solid Rock - Jesus, the storms and streams in life shall not shock us, for our feet are set upon a rock, a strong, solid and unfailing rock.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for Your word, which is a sure and solid foundation for all Your children. May I not only be a hearer of Your Word, but also a doer of Your word. May I desire to spend time in Your word, studying, understanding, applying and meditating, that Your word may dwell richly in me. May I get to that point where I am not moved by trials or temptation, but remain firm in my trust in You, because my foundation is built on You - my Rock of Ages. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Aug. 08 2010 - Isaiah 41-50 (OT), Galatians 5-6 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…