Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A New Creature

...anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Consider yourself a new person, like being born as a baby, when you are in Christ. The word "new person" in the scripture for today, when translated directly from the greek words, implies that there may be no resemblance between the former and the new person. It is not a recreation.The person is a fresh, original formation which did not exist before.

You may wonder that if you are a new creature, why do you remember the past? Why do you still have the desires you had before? Why do you still do certain things you did as a sinner? God gave us memories for great and positive reasons, we do not want to lose our memories. Also, the human being is made up of the spirit (heart), soul (mind/emotions) and body (flesh). When you are in Christ, it is your spirit that has become new. To be transformed, you need to renew your mind by changing the way you think [Romans 12:2]. The Word of God helps with that. With time you will find out that the worldy desires will no longer be desires and in some case be detestable. With time you will find out that your outward appearance has changed due to the changed spirit and continuous renewal of your mind. So great is the change the grace of God makes in the soul, that, old thoughts, old principles, old practices, and old company pass away.

If you are in Christ, you are a new person. The old sinful person no longer exists. The things of the past do not control you. As you continue to walk in Christ, you will see and experience the transformation of your life - spirit, soul and body.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for this great change You made in me when I accepted to be in Christ. Indeed I am a new creature and everyday, as I walk in this truth, I am transformed in my mind and in my body. May I not be discouraged if I still find myself desiring or doing things I did in the past, but run to You for direction. Thank You for this great priviledge to be one of Your own. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Aug 14 2010 - Jeremiah 5-10 (OT), Philippians 1 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…