Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Sure Way To Long Life And Prosperity

My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity.

The verse of scripture for today is not only a promise, but a principle of life. God, who formed the Heavens and Earth, who knows all things, gave us His word to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. His word corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. His laws and commandments help us to have direction for obedience and develop good character. Living a life of communion with God gives us direction, revelation, and even protection. 

May God's word, His commandments and His instructions have effect in our lives. We need to acquaint ourselves with them and remember them so that they may be ready to us whenever we have need to use them. Our wills and affections must be subject to them and should conform to them. This we cannot do by ourselves, but with the help of the Holy Spirit. We are assured that if we keep His commandments in our heart, if we consider His word, that it is the certain way to long life and prosperity. God's word is available to give us a good useful life on earth, give us an eternal life in heaven, and give us a life of peace and prosperity.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for Your Word that has the power to add length of days to my years. May I not take for granted Your teachings and may I treasure and hide Your word in my heart. May I continue to look to You and Your word for direction, instruction, correction and how to live. I pray that Your Spirit will teach me how to be subject to Your word and how I may live conforming to Your Word. As I live a life of communion with You, may I receive the promise of long life and prosperity. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Aug. 03 2010 - Isaiah 21-25 (OT), Galatians 1 (NT).


Pray for someone today - Pray for your parents/guardians, and those who are in authority over you. Thank God for the love and tender care they showed you, and the benefits you received from them. Pray that God will protect them from all evil, harm and sickness, grant them health, and mercifully pour out His bountiful blessings upon them. Pray that God will bless their efforts and deeds. 
God’s Love and Mine…