Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Nutritious Food

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart...
[Jeremiah 15:16, NKJV]

Slow thoughtful absorption of the Word of God with quiet reflection on its implication and application is very high in nutrition. His Word provides all the ingredients we need to thrive spiritually. When we read God's Word, we have to be doing more than checking it off our to-do list. We have to read it to digest it. For then it transforms into life and power in our spirit man.

Like physical food which has the essential nutrients to keep our bodies going strong, the Word of God has essential nutrients to keep our souls going strong. The Word of God sufficiently gives us a direct connection to the one who sustains our souls. The Word of God provides vital nutrients to the brain that make us wise and discerning, thereby avoiding pitfalls.

The Word of God gives us a daily check-up, revealing the condition of our hearts, while giving us preventive medicine against sin. It detoxifies and cleanses us through with forgiveness, peace, hope, and comfort. God's Word provides the nourishment that Christians need if we're to grow. May we find time to dwell and delight in the Word of God for the nourishment that makes us grow.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I give you my whole heart. I desire to have your Word in me Lord but need to make out the time for You.. Holy Spirit of God, let the consciousness of your Word increase in me, help me to make out the time to intentionally dwell in Your Word. Lord please take first place in all I do. Thank you Lord for your Word.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sept. 06 2010 - Ezekiel 31-33 (OT), 1 Timothy 5 (NT)

Pray for someone today - Pray for those in hospital theater's undergoing one form of operation or the other. That the God of healing will visit them right there and change their situation for health.

God's Love and Mine...