Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Those I Will Honor

Those who honor Me, I will honor...

There are certain honors and recognition we will desire but will take so much from us to achieve. When it comes to our Christian walk, we can gain the honor of God. This is a priceless and invaluable honor which we should desire, and may not take so much effort from us for we have the Holy Spirit to help us.

What does it mean to honor God? We honor God when we make it our main goal in life to please God, to do His will, to love Him and to serve Him.

We honor God by accepting His gift of Love (His son) and trusting Him with our whole hearts. Jesus tells us that it is God’s will that “all men should honor the Son even as they honor the Father” [John 5:23;24]. In return, God honors us by giving us eternal life.

We honor God with our substance [Proverbs 3:9-10]. God honors our substance by rewarding us richly.

We honor God by setting our love upon Him [Psalm 91:14, 15]. In return for our love, God promises to honor us by delivering us and lifting us up, answering our prayers and being with us in trouble.

We honor God by surrendering to Him and serving Him [John 12:20-26]. As we do so, He will make our lives spiritually fruitful. We honour God with our bodies and with our lips.

You may feel overwhelmed when you try to honor God yet you fall short in some areas. You may feel you are not worthy of His love when you find yourself doing things that do not please God. Beloved, know that nothing can separate you from the love of God, and what God has done for you is not by your effort but by His grace. If you feel you have fallen short in honoring God, ask the Holy Spirit to help you and teach you how to honor God.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for Your honor that is available to me. As I grow in the knowledge of You, I realize it is Your plans and desire for me are only good. Father, help me identify areas of my life where I fall short in honoring You. I pray the Holy Spirit will teach me many more ways in which I could honor You. May my heart be aligned with Yours. May my understanding of Your love for me and my acceptance of Your love drive me to honor You. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sep 09 2010 - Ezekiel 40-42 (OT), 2 Timothy 2 (NT).



Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…