Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Becoming What You Are

I...encourage you to live the kind of life which proves that God has called you.

The Christian life is simply becoming what Christ has already made you. When we were saved, we became part of God's family. We begin to bear the name of Christ in this world. As God's children, we indeed have many rights, honors, and privileges, but God expects us to behave like His children. Just as a child honors his father by obeying him, we honor God by walking worthy of Him. Our actions must be actions He would approve. Our desires must be aligned with His desires. Our goals and objectives must be His goals and objectives.

Our obedience to God should not come out of fear or pride. It should come out of gratitude and a deep love for Christ. Reflecting on the love of God and understanding our worth in His eyes could help us in developing our love for Christ. Our desire to be worthy children should come as a result of understanding and appreciation of all He has done for us.

Having been called by God, you need to match your conduct to the gospel. The world is looking to see what kind of lifestyle you exalt. The world needs you to be light to them. Ask your Loving Father today to teach you how to live the kind of life that proves that He has called you.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You that You have called me, even to be one of Your own. I  pray that as I spend time with You and Your word, I will be continually transformed in Your image. I pray You teach me how to walk worthy of this calling. I pray that the eyes of my understanding will be enlightened such that as I spend time with Your word, I will learn how Jesus demonstrated His commitment to You and how I can follow His example today. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 06 2010 - Nahum 1-3 (OT), 2 Peter 1-2 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…