Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trust God To Provide

The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food at the proper time. You open Your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

Your loving Father is gracious and merciful, and His goodness is evident in all He does. For all the creatures in general, He provides food for them. Consider the inferior creatures who do not have knowledge of God, nor are capable of. They wait upon God for their support and provision, and they are totally dependent on Him for the continuance of their provision. They seek their food according to the instinct which God has put in them, and because they take what God has provided for them, in the time and way that he has appointed, they are content with it. 

Your loving Father is mindful of you. If He can make provision for the other creatures, how much more you who is made in His image? How much more you who is His child, accepted in the Beloved? Your loving Father knows what you need and will open His hand to satisfy you.

What do you need today? What is your desire? Trust your loving Father to provide, for He is the one who provides at the proper time, and satisfies the desires of every living thing. Thank Him for the things He has already done.

Prayer: My Loving Father, You are a good God. All the creatures look to You for provision, and none have been disappointed. I confess and say I am sorry for any time I have not been grateful for what I have. I pray You teach me the art of contentedness. I bring before you my need (mention any need you have) and look to You to satisfy this desire of my heart. If my needs and desires are not in line with Your will and plan for my life, I pray for the understanding and peace as I accept Your will. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 07 2010 - Habakkuk 1-3 (OT), 2 Peter 3 (NT).

God’s Love and Mine…