Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Prohibited For A Reason

When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to.

Paul and Silas were attempting to enter Bithynia to do the work of God. Yet they were prohibited by Christ's own Spirit. It appeared that this was so because there were other hands already at work there, or because the people were not yet prepared to receive the Gospel. Paul and Silas were then directed elsewhere, where they had a fruitful journey.

You may have encountered situations where it seemed you were so sure you were doing the right thing. You were so sure you were following God's leading. Then you come to a point where you have to stop or you meet a hindrance. During such times, it may be difficult to leave what you were doing or accept that it is a closed door when you believed it was done in the power of His Spirit. But the Spirit requires not only a service of work but also a service of waiting. In your walk with God you will see that there is a time for action and a time to refrain from action. You will also know that what you may see as a disappointment today may actually be a blessing.

Your Loving Father will not send you on a journey that will not be fruitful. He Who sees the end from the beginning can step in on your behalf. Listen to Him and obey. When you see a door shut before you, do not give in to despair. Another door is wide open awaiting you to seize the opportunity.

Prayer: My Loving Father, my desire is to be led by Your Spirit. There are days I have felt disappointment because of doors I thought will remain open but they eventually closed before me just as I was about to enter. Teach me to see another door if I find myself in such situations. Inspire me with the knowledge that a person may sometimes be called to serve by doing nothing, by staying still, or by waiting. And when I remember the power of Your “gentle whisper”, I will not complain that sometimes the Spirit allows me not to go. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 24 2010 - Psalms 1-2 (OT), Revelations 8 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…