Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Standing Firm With The Helmet Of Salvation

Take the helmet of salvation...

A Roman soldier's helmet protected a soldier's skull and neck from enemy blows and falling debris. Just as the breastplate of righteousness guards the heart, the helmet of salvation guards the mind. The helmet of salvation guards a Christian's mind by providing hope, which is a joyful and confident expectation that God will keep His promises.

A person without hope is vulnerable to the enemy's lie that life is not worth living. All of us were without hope before we knew the Lord. Even after becoming children of God, we can still experience attacks against our hope. Our hope is in the salvation of the Lord - not only in His initial salvation from the penalty of sin, but also in His continuing salvation from the power of sin and the attacks of the devil. The enemy seeks to dissuade us from the  hope we have in Jesus Christ. However, as we yield to the Holy Spirit, God works His salvation in us. We are justified (made righteous) in God's sight by faith in the finished work of Christ. We are sanctified (set apart unto God) by the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit. We will be glorified when Jesus returns to receive us unto Himself, which is the culmination of our salvation. Thus, our hope and confidence is in God's ability to complete the good work which He has begun in us.

Many of Satan's battles against us happen in the mind. To counteract the battle going on against our minds, we need to receive God's Word with all readiness of mind and search the Scriptures daily.  Because God has provided us with the helmet of salvation, we need not be taken by the devil's evil schemes against our minds. Stand firm today with the helmet of salvation.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for my salvation, because it tells me of Your love and it gives me hope. I thank You for who I am in Christ, and that You who has started a good work in me is able to and will complete it. Father, there are certain situations that may make me doubt who I am in Christ and the significance of my salvation. May I be continually reminded to put on my helmet of salvation, which gives me hope. May I never lose my hope and trust in You. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 18 2010 - Malachi 1 (OT), Revelations 3 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…