Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Encouraged With Strength

As soon as I pray, You answer me;
You encourage me by giving me strength.

Our loving Father is a prayer-hearing and prayer-answering [Psalm 65:2, NLT]. As soon as we pray, He answers us. Sometimes we may not hear His answers because our hearts are clouded with cares and anxiety, or we are no longer able to discern His voice, or we already assume the answer He will give us. When we do hear from God and He wants us to wait longer than we expected, it could be disheartening.

In today's scripture, the Psalmist tells us that God encouraged Him by giving him strength. It was strength for the inner self to overcome temptation, to wait and to be expectant with each passing day.

You may be waiting on God for the physical manifestation of the answers to your prayers. You may have to deal with suggestions like "Why don't use take alternative measures? Why do you still trust this God who has not yet answered You?" Your loving Father makes everything beautiful in His own time and will never forsake His own. If you have to wait, He will encourage you, give you inner strength to be inflexible to temptations, and fill you with joy as you wait on Him.

Prayer: My Loving Father, my prayer-hearing and answering God, I thank You because as soon as I pray, You answer me. There are some times when I do not hear Your answers because my ears are not attuned to Your voice. Father, I pray for sensitivity to Your voice and Your words. There are times when I pray and Your answer implies that I have to wait.  I pray that I will be receptive to Your encouragement, which will give me strength to wait on You and overcome temptations. Thank You Father for answered prayers. In Jesus Name, Amen.




One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 17 2010 - Zechariah 13-14 (OT), Revelation 2 (NT).

God’s Love and Mine…