Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Of Prayer

...but I am a man of prayer...

David had resolved - despite that his friendship had been taken for granted and despite that people whom he had treated kindly had become his enemies, he was going to remain continually in prayer. He was a man of prayer and did not let what was happening around him change that. He continued to pray for his adversaries. He bore the trials with a meek spirit and did not allow such to disturb his devotions by casting his cares upon God in prayer.

Often times, little time is spent during devotion. Consider how much time you spend in quiet devotion on a daily basis? Can it be easily measured in minutes? Can you think of even one person of great spiritual stature who did not spend much of his time in prayer? Has anyone ever exhibited much of the spirit of prayer who did not devote a great deal of time to prayer?

Take out time to evaluate your prayer life. Are you spending less time in prayer due to new priorities, a situation going on that leaves you worrying or simply complacency? Those who have attained great spiritual stature spent time in prayer. If your prayer life is not where you want it to be, ask your Loving Father to help your regain your zeal.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for the lessons I learn from people who have walked with You. David was a man after Your own heart and also a type of Christ. He could boast that he was a man of prayer because indeed it was true. Father, in my walk with You, I desire to go from glory to glory in every aspect of my life. I pray that my prayer life will improve with each passing day. I lay aside any distraction that is preventing me from spending quality time with You. May I experience the joy and pleasure that comes with spending time with You. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 16 2010 - Zechariah 11-12 (OT), Revelation 1 (NT).
Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…