Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Standing Firm With The Sandals Of Peace

Stand firm then ... with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

The scripture for today describes a Christian's spiritual shoes as the "readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." Each of us needs to be at peace with God. This is the firm foundation beneath our feet. We are at enmity with God until we come into a right relationship with Him on His terms. "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" [Romans 5:1].

We need to stand firm in the peace of God. This involves casting our care and anxiety on Him and yielding to His perfect will. The peace of God will become a reality to us as we abide in Christ. As the peace of God rules in our own lives, we will be prepared to share His peace with others. Also we are called to go and preach the Gospel of peace to the nations. "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" [Romans 10:15]. Those who reject the Gospel of peace are rejecting God's salvation.

An important aspect of the "sandals of peace" is to always be prepared. In the army of God, there are times of rest and refreshment, but there is never a time for complacency. Christians who let their guard down and get comfortable during a temporary cease-fire will not be ready when the enemy comes in to attack. Even if it appears that all is going smoothly in your life at the moment, this is not a time to be complacent in your prayer, bible study, meditation, declarations and fellowship.

By shodding your feet with the "readiness that comes from the gospel of peace," you proclaim that the Prince of Peace is victorious over the powers of darkness. True peace only comes through Jesus Christ. He says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" [John 16:33]. No matter what happens, you can be confident that your Loving Father is ultimately in control and that He has the last word. Stand firm therefore with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes with the gospel of peace.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for the peace I have in Christ Jesus. There are situations today that should make me worry or be anxious, but I choose to cast my care and anxiety upon You. I stand firm with my feet fitted with the readiness that comes with the gospel of peace.  I know that the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. May Your peace rule my life and by Your grace, may I be prepared to share the gospel of peace to all I come in contact with. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 14 2010 - Zechariah 6-8 (OT), 2 John 1, 3 John 1 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today
God’s Love and Mine…