Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Your Good Living Will Pay Off

Reassure the righteous
that their good living will pay off.

There are some people who seem to live in excess, who have exceeded those heights we want to attain, or who have used shortcuts or immoral means to get things we desire. We perceive that they go "unpunished" and we ask ourselves, "If they are totally wrong, how come they still prosper so much?" The urge to join the ranks tugs strongly at our hearts. We consider that we have held on to the right path for so long, yet we cannot see that which we have been waiting for. Their ways seem more appealing.

If you are in such a situation or if you are asking similar questions, today's scripture is for you. God's word is sure - Your good living would pay off. The Psalmist says, "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread" [Psalm 37:25]. This is not only the sayings of the Psalmist, but a testimony to many who have walked with God and chosen to stay with Him, no matter the circumstance.

As for those who have left the path of righteousness, the word of God says, "Even though a person sins and gets by with it hundreds of times throughout a long life, I'm still convinced that the good life is reserved for the person who fears God, who lives reverently in his presence, and that the evil person will not experience a "good" life. No matter how many days he lives, they'll all be as flat and colorless as a shadow—because he doesn't fear God." [Ecclesiastes 8:12-13, MSG]. 

Though it might seem like its not happening for you despite your trust in God, remember this - Faithful is He who called, who also would complete it. It may tarry, it might seem like you are sinking deeper and deeper into despair, but hold on to this word - it will be well with you, and your good living will pay off.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for the reassurance this day that my good living will pay off. I admit that it is not easy to hold on tight, to remain in faith, when I see some prospering though they are not following Your ways. Father, I pray for Your grace and ability to keep trusting You no matter the situation. I pray that my eyes will always remain fixed on Jesus, who is the author and perfecter of my faith. I pray You reveal to me if my heart is filled with envy, that by Your grace, I may replace envy with the fruit of the Spirit. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 13 2010 - Zechariah 4-5 (OT), 1 John 5 (NT).

God’s Love and Mine…