Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Knowing The Love Of Christ

That you may really come to know practically, through experience for yourselves, the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge...

There are many Christians today to whom God is not real. What they know about God is through what others have said or by reading the bible without revelation from the Holy Spirit. Some rely on apparently "stronger" Christians for prayers and revelations. But our loving Father desires a one-on-one relationship with all of His children.

The words of Paul spoken to the Ephesians, are applicable to us today. Having understood and experienced for himself the love of God, he knows that only when we children of God experience the love of Christ for ourselves that we will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. He knew for himself the exceeding greatness of the love of Christ, the unsearchable riches of his love, which is higher than heaven, deeper than hell, longer than the earth, and broader than the sea. Our desire hence should be to comprehend this love, and have a complacency and a confidence in the love of Christ by experiencing Him for ourselves.

Take some time to consider who God is to you. What is your relationship like with your loving Father? Do you want to know more of Him? Do you want to experience Him for yourself? Sometimes, experiencing God may occur through a challenging or a trying situation in your life. If that is how God chooses to show Himself to you, do not fear for when He has tried you, you will come forth as gold.
Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for Your love which You have bestowed on me. As I walk continually with You, may I experience for myself the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. May I be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from You. If I will experience You through a challenging or trying situation in my life, I pray Father that You strengthen me to endure what I pass through even for the joy set before me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Nov. 18 2010 - Psalms 43 - 44 (OT) , Matthew 7 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…