Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Amazing Love

“I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; 
I was found by those who did not seek me.
To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, ‘Here am I, here am I.’ 
[Isaiah 65:1]

We all at one point or the other in our lives have faced some form of rejection and either we told ourselves or people advised us to just walk away, because we deserve better. Yet not so with our Father, the pages of the bible hold so many instances where He was rejected by those who needed Him the most, our live stories reveal several situation when we have walked away from His open arms, yet His love never fails, it never dwindles. His is a love that remains forever.

Imagine a love that reaches out when it has not been sought out (Isaiah 65:1), a love that forgives grievances and speedily embraces the one who has done wrong (Luke 15:21-24), a love that gave up its life for those who neither regarded or deserved His sacrifice (Luke 23:39-43), that is the love of our Father.

Today, let us celebrate that love, Let us rejoice in the fact that we have been given the grace to be recipients of that love. How much of Him have we surrounded ourselves with lately, how much attention have we given to the one who has us forever engraved in the palm of His hands, His love is amazing and He desires to fill us with this love.

Embrace the Father anew today, if for nothing else, for the fact that He loved you even when you were not worthy of love

Prayer: Father, I rejoice in Your love, for it is a love that purifies, a love that strengthens a love that completes. I do not know where I would have been today if it had not been for Your love and so I just want to say thank You. Teach me to love you more deeply, I don't want to settle for less, open my heart to know you deeper, to love you more dearly and to understand you more clearly. Amen

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Nov. 19 2010 - Psalms 45 - 46 (OT) , Matthew 8 (NT).