Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Still God...Even Through the Fire

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
   says the LORD, who has compassion on you.
“Afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
   I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise...
[Isaiah 54:10-11]

Its so easy to proclaim God's majesty when everything is going just fine, but what about when the storm rages and the clouds seem constantly dark and full of rain? Do we still proclaim His awesomeness or do we allow the frustrations overwhelm us.

This passage assures us of God's covenant that would never removed neither would His love be shaken, so even in those rough moments of life when its hard to hold on to hope, He still holds us firm. Just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, sometimes we would have to walk into that fire, but His presence would follow us right in. Right in the midst of the blazing heat, if we focus on Him, He would keep us and we would not be scorched.

Maybe we are in that fire so that the "bonds" that held us back may be burnt off, maybe we are there because we walked away from God in the first place, Maybe we are there as a testing of our faith, maybe we dont even understand the reason why...but whatever the reason, we are not alone, the same God who was with us in the place of abundance is still here, even in the struggle.

No matter where we are, He is still the Awesome God, The Devil would try to overwhelm you and make you believe you cant go on anymore, but remember this "He created the blacksmith who fires up his forge and makes a weapon designed to kill. He also created the destroyer— but no weapon that can hurt you has ever been forged.Any accuser who takes you to court will be dismissed as a liar.This is what God's servants can expect. He'll see to it that everything works out for the best." God's Decree. " (Isaiah 54:16-17 MSG) 

Prayer: Lord, right now I am overwhelmed and I have no strength of my own, but as long as I have You and trust in You, I know You would carry me on Your wings. I may not understand the reason things are this way but I know that You would work all thing for my very best. I praise You through this season and I refuse to be held down by depression. I would be strengthened in You and I would exalt Your name because I know that You remain the same, and You never change. Situations may change but You my Lord remain the same.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan  - Nov. 08 2010 - Psalm 27 - 28 (OT) , Revelations 20 (NT)