Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

When God Chooses You

For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children...

God chooses people He can depend upon. He knew what to expect from Abraham and said of him, “I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children ... that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what He has promised him.” God knew Abraham would “direct his children.” The Lord can be depended upon, and He desires for us to be just as reliable, determined, and stable. This is simply the meaning of faith.

Your loving Father is looking for people on whom He can place the "weight" of His entire love, power, and faithful promises. When these "weights" appear in the form of unexpected trials, tests of our perseverance, it seems our faith level at that time may not be able to carry the weight. God remains by our side and continues to train and discipline us in His school of stability and certainty in the life of faith.

Your loving Father knows you can withstand whatever you have to go through, or else He would not have let you face such a situation. When He chooses you, He surely has a reason and purpose that will always work out for your good. He will still bring to pass what He has promised you. He knows your strength, and He measures it to the last inch. Remember, no trial has ever been given to anyone that was greater than that person's strength, through God, to endure it.

Prayer: My loving Father, I desire to be counted worthy of those You can depend upon. Ipray that as You continue to train me and discipline me, that I may grow in faith, learn my lessons well and stand firm. I trust You Lord, for You will not give me anything that is too much for me to bear. May I always remember that Your plans for me are of good only - plans to give me the future I hope for. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Nov. 25 2010 - Psalms 51 - 52 (OT) , Matthew 11 (NT).


Joyful 'Toon For Today
God’s Love and Mine…