Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

I Will Be With You

But now, thus says the Lord, He Who created you, and He Who formed you, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you."

These words were spoken to the Israelites. Many among them were stubborn and it seemed there was no hope for them to walk right with God. Yet God continued to love and care for His people.

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. These words spoken are indeed a promise. He created and formed you - He will not forsake the work of his own hands. You are His and He calls you by your name - He has a special interest in you and seeks intimacy with you. He has redeemed you with the blood of Jesus Christ and set you apart for Himself.

He did not say there will be no times of difficulty, trials or times of distress. If they do come, He promises to be with you. His presence with you will ensure such situations do not overpower you, harm you or destroy you.

This is His promise to you, fear not.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for your continued love and care for me. You have ransomed me by paying the price of Your son's blood. You have set me apart. I long to draw closer to you and today is a step to greater intimacy with you. May I continue to experience Your presence daily for I know You are with me always. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.
One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Jan. 18 2010 - Genesis 45-47 (OT), Matthew 17 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray for your faith. Pray that God will enlarge your ability to believe in Him, in His word, His promises, His ways and His power. Pray that your faith will be a shield of protection and will be put into action to move mountains in your life. Pray that your become more receptive to hear and receive the word of God. Supporting Scriptures - Matthew 17:20, Romans 14:23, James 1:6-8.

Suggested General Prayer Point - This week begins a week of praying for 7 friends. Choose a friend, colleague or neighbour today and pray for the person.

*Correction for "Let Us Settle This": The words "Your determination, even prayers, are not enough to cleanse you and change you, except you go to Him" should read "Your efforts alone are not enough to cleanse you and change you, except you seek help from Him".

God's Love and Mine, Rita.