Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Things I Am About To Do

“But forget all that—
it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.
For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland..."
 
Prior to speaking these words, God reminded the Israelites about the things He had done for them. He reminded them of His power and majesty. He reminded them that they had experienced and witnessed His great and mighty works [Isaiah 43:1-17]. These words He spoke to let them know He was going to do more for them. He was going to do something new - meaning it was different from what they had witnessed. 
 
These timeless words, Your Loving Father speaks to you today and I paraphrase, "Don't dwell on the great things I have already done for you, it is nothing compared to what I am about to do. I am about to do something different. I have already begun. I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland..."
 
Yes, He will make a way for you in places no one has treaded. And He will create opportunities for you in places others might see as a waste. Watch out, He is about to do something new.

Suggestions for Prayer: Ask God to open your eyes to the opportunities He is creating and bringing to you. Pray that you understand that He can cause good to come out of a wilderness or a wasteland. Pray that you will hear and obey His voice when He speaks to you concerning the things He is about to do.
One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Jan. 21 2010 - Exodus 3-4 (OT), Matthew 20 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - (Complementing the suggested prayer for today's devotion) Pray for opportunities this year. For all the things you want to accomplish this year, according to the will of God, pray that you will meet open doors. Declare that God surrounds you with favour as a shield therefore you will encounter favour as you receive the opportunities. Also pray for opportunities and grace to share the gospel. Supporting Scriptures - Ephesians 1:18, Colossians 4:3-4, Revelations 3:8.

Suggested General Prayer Point - This week is day 4 of praying for 7 friends. Choose a friend, colleague or neighbour today and pray for the person.


Joyful 'Toon For Today

 
God's Love and Mine, Rita.