Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

You Are Not Called To A Fruitless Service

I have not spoken in secret, in a corner of the land of darkness; I did not call the descendants of Jacob to a fruitless service, saying, Seek Me for nothing but I promised them a just reward. I, the Lord, speak righteousness (the truth); I declare things that are right.

You are not called to a fruitless service. The Lord will not ask you to seek Him if He cannot be found. He has not made promises in secret or in a corner for He does not plan to change His mind. He speaks only the truth.

Have you ever sometimes wondered if the service you were called to is fruitless? Sometimes, it may seem insignificant or not yeilding the kind of reward you want. Sometimes, it leaves you tired and wondering if you have taken the right path. Today as you seek your loving Father, you will find Him. His words to you today are "I have not called you to a fruitless service. I speak only the truth." 

Be encouraged. Your Loving Father values your response and the things He has called you to do.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, there are many things that demand my attention, time, and energy. You have placed in me a ministry or service that brings eternal significance to others. As  go about it, I pray for strength, endurance and fervency, no matter the challenges I may face or if I seem ineffective. May I find fulfilment as I obey You. In Jesus Name, Amen.
One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Jan. 22 2010 - Exodus 5-7 (OT), Matthew 21 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray for your integrity. Pray that with each passing day, you will not be found lacking in integrity but rather be characterized by your integrity as it honors your loving Father. Pray that your words and actions will demonstrate your integrity. Pray that the word of God will continue to teach you and help you do the right things no matter the circumstance. Supporting Scriptures - Job 23:12, Psalm 119:11, Matthew 5:37.

Suggested General Prayer Point - This week is day 5 of praying for 7 friends. Choose a friend, colleague or neighbour today and pray for the person.

May all your service yeild fruit.