Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

God Delights In You

He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
He drew me out of deep waters...
...He led me to a place of safety;
He rescued me because He delights in me. 

These words of David spoke of his gratitude to God for delivering him from his enemies. He magnified the deliverances God had done for him. He believed that God did all He did for him, because He was pleased with him.

Your Loving Father delights in You. Everytime God looks at you, He sees who you are because of His Only Begotten Son. He sees the obedience, endurance, sacrifice and righteousness of Jesus Christ. He sees the new creature you became when you made Him Lord over your life.

Your Loving Father reached down from heaven to rescue you from deep waters. If you find yourself in a situation that seem like it could drown you or it is too strong for you, rest assured that your Loving Father will not let you sink. He will sustain you and strengthen you.  

Consider where you would have been if not for God's deliverance. Or think about what you could have become if God had not loved you and sent His Son to die for you, then you will realize that in truth He delights in you. He delivered you because He delights in you, not by your merit, but by His own grace and good-will.  He has transferred you from a life of darkness into one of living in the Light of His Son.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for the great deliverance and transfer that took place when I surrendered my heart to You. You delivered me from the dominion of darkness and transferred me into the Kingdom of Your Son in whom I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Now I walk in the light of Jesus and His kingdom which is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Help me never to forget the great rescue and change You brought into my life. May I never forget that You did all these for me because You love me. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Apr. 16 2010 - 2 Samuel 21-23 (OT), Acts 4 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray for peace, courage and joy instead of disappointment or discouragement. Pray for the ability to find a reason to thank God in every situation you find yourself. Supporting Scriptures - Philippians 4:6,7, 1 Thess. 3:9; 2 Sam. 7:18-29.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Praise God's Character and Works. Praise Him for His holiness, goodness, and righteousness. Praise Him for His wisdom and knowledge.

God's Love and Mine...