Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Morning Prayer

In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare a prayer, a sacrifice for You and watch and wait for You to speak to my heart.

Your Loving Father desires to hear your voice. He desires communication and a relationship with you. Prayer helps to do that. You may not have been consistent in your prayers, but whenever you come to God, He is eager to listen to you and consider your case.
You are fittest for prayer in the morning because then you are refreshed, revived, composed and not yet filled with the business of the day. Though no one desires negative situations, each day one is exposed to temptations and danger for which you can pray for a fresh supply of grace and wisdom. 

As you pray to God, your Loving Father, spend time to give Him glory and honour. May His name be hallowed. Then when you have said your prayer, wait patiently for His answer. Wait expecting that God will give ear to your words and consider them. Pray like David would say, "Hearken to me, consider my case, and do in it as seems good to You.’’ Even if you miss your time of prayer, remember that God is always there for you, ready to listen to you.

Prayer: My Loving Father, hear me praying. Listen to my plea, O God my King, for I will never pray to anyone but You. Each morning I will look to You in heaven and lay my requests before You, praying earnestly. I come into Your temple protected by Your mercy and Your love; I will worship and honour You with deepest awe. Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Apr. 14 2010 - 2 Samuel 16-17 (OT), Acts 2 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray for the special needs of your family and friends. If you know of any situation any one of them is going through, you can find a word of God to help you as you stand in the gap for the person.
Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for people regarded as armed robbbers. Pray that they will understand that life is not theirs. Pray that they will encounter people who will teach them the word of God. Pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them that they can come to a place of repentance.

God's Love and Mine...