Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Assurance Of Good Things From Your Father

If you then, imperfect as you are, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

These words of Jesus were spoken as He continued the sermon on the mount [Matthew 5-7]. Jesus Christ, knowing the heart of God, encourages us to pray to God for what we need. He knows how much God gives good things freely to His children.

We learn from these words that we should come to God, as children to a Father in heaven, with reverence and confidence, knowing our place as His children. We must come to Him for good things, for He gives good things to them that ask Him. He knows what is good for us, and it is an act of faith and trust when we leave it to Him to gives us what is best for us. 

We also learn from these words that our prayers will be answered. The world often gives stones for bread, and serpents for fish, but God never does such. When we ask of Him, we can be assured that we shall be heard and answered. Should we ask for something that could harm us, He will know and He will not give it to us. Sometimes, a delay in answer to a prayer is simply God preparing to give us more than what we asked for.

The bowels of fathers yearn even towards undutiful children or towards prodigals. In a much deeper and greater way, God yearns for you. He is infinitely wise, full of mercy and loving-kindness, rich and more ready to give to you than your earthly father, for He is the Father of your spirit, an ever-loving, ever-living Father. 

Prayer: My Loving Father, if ever I was in a place of doubt or unbelief as to Your plans for me, today I am rest assured that You answer my prayers according to Your will and give me what is best for me. No good thing will You withhold for me. Thank You, merciful Father, that even with my imperfections, You love me and yearn for me. Give me the grace to continually trust You and rest as I wait for the physical manifestation of my petitions. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 8 2010 - Nehemiah 1-5 (OT), 1 Corinthians 13 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for men. Pray that we will have a body of Christ where the men take advantage of their God-given leadership and empowerment to build the body of Christ and expand their circle of influence. Pray that men will find sense of purpose and fulfilment in their walk with God, which will transcend towards every other area of their lives.

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…