Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Heart For Sinners

...I’ve come to call sinners, not people who think they don’t have any flaws.

Your Loving Father has never wanted to condemn. When people rebel, rather than looking forward to punishing them for their sin, He grieves over the fact that they have been rebellious. He yearns to bring restoration. Jesus Christ, in His words (above), teaches us and shows that God seriously cares about reaching and redeeming sinners. Jesus Christ came to the lost, the broken and the least, to save, mend, and make first. Since such matters to God, as His children, it is our prayer that our hearts will be aligned with His, that we would have compassion for sinners, and desire to reach out to them rather mock them in their situation.
In your walk with God, you may have fallen due to temptations. You may have fallen into sin, consciously or unconsciously. Your Loving Father does not love you less. He yearns for your restoration and His arms are always open wide to receive you when you come to Him in repentance.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank you for Your awesome love towards sinners and those who are not perfect. Thank You for reminding me that I am still worthy of Your love if I fall into temptation. Father I pray that You give me a contrite heart and renew my spirit to be aligned with Yours. I am convicted today of your gracious love and concern for those who are caught in sin. I pray that You give me a heart of concern for those around me who are lost.  Please use me as an instrument to give them hope and bring them to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 12 2010 - Esther 6 - 10 (OT), 2 Cor 1 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those who have taken the bold step to work on their addictions. Pray that they will have the strength to overcome the desires which may come up. Pray that they will continue to have people to encourage them and help them move on. If you know anyone in such a situation, pray for that person specifically.

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…