Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Telling others the good news

Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven, but whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

A young slave girl witnessed of the power of God to her master and linked him to his miracle, (2 Kings 5:2-4). We need not underestimate the power of sharing our witness of God's goodness. The girl shared her witness by way of small conversation which went a long way in bringing healing to her master.

God does signature things in our lives that leave us knowing that only God could have done this. Not everyone has the opportunity or boldness to shout it out loud from the roof top, but we all have the opportunity to share it in our conversations with others. We may know what we should speak of, but allow ourselves to rationalize it out of our conversation for fear of rejection or other reasons. Let us embrace the word of God and be empowered to speak of God's goodness whenever the Holy Spirit prompts us. We may never know the extent of deliverance that comes to our hearers and to those who are hearers will eventually tell.

By declaring God's goodness in your life or His saving grace, you are sowing on Earth. Each time we testify of Christ to someone, we sow a seed. Jesus promises to acknowledge us before the Father in heaven if we acknowledge him before men. He will take our cares and concerns to God as we speak well of him to other people.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please give me the boldness to speak of your goodness to every needy and hurting heart. Help me to to sow seeds in peoples lives without fear. Please water the seeds I sow dear Lord, for them to germinate into great deliverance and achievement. King Jesus, speak of me before your father as I confess you before men, I pray. Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 11 2010 - Esther 1 - 5 (OT), 1 Corinthians 16 (NT)

Pray for someone today: Let us pray for people who are in lack, for Christians who look up to God for sustenance but are faced with challenges of provision. Pray for people who have put in their best effort to earn a better means of livelihood but still find themselves struggling with lack. Pray that God will remember these ones and be their great provider in Jesus Name. Amen.