Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Attribute Of Wisdom

Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here's what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It's the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts...

True wisdom shows in the way we live and act. It has a physical manifestation. The Bible helps us understand that humility is the proper attribute of true wisdom [James 3:13, AMP]. Humility is defined as a disposition to be marked by meekness or modesty. For a Christian, it is primarily an attitude towards God and others.

To be humble includes:
1) A willingness to acknowledge one’s dependence on God's power.
2) To rejoice with gratitude in response to God's great blessings and glorious grace.
3) To adopt the ways of God as one’s own.
4) To be remorseful when one falls short.
5) To trust God’s power and His willingness to forgive and redeem.

Most people regard humility as selflessness, a divinely sanctioned inferiority complex, or even being quiet. This is not humility. There is also a false humility that still exists in many forms today where people deny the gifts and abilities that God has given them in an attempt to be modest. False humility is pride that disguises itself as humility. Our Loving Father does not want us to be proud in our humility.

Do you want to be counted wise, to build a reputation for wisdom? Here's what you do: Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It's the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts. Ask the Holy Spirit today to teach you how to live humbly and manifest the proper attribute of wisdom.


Prayer: My Loving Father, Your word teaches that wisdom is the principal thing and therefore we should get wisdom. Only You, Father, can give godly wisdom. My Lord, may the wisdom You have given me manifest properly in my way of life. With the help of the Holy Spirit, may my life continue to evolve in Christ-like humility. May I always acknowledge my dependence on You, to remember to be thankful for Your great blessings, to obey You, to be remorseful when I make mistakes and to trust in Your power and Your willingness to forgive and redeem me. Search me, oh Lord, and reveal to me any false humility that I may have, and help me to overcome it. Thank You, my Loving Father. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 2 2010 - 2 Chronicles 23 - 26 (OT), 1 Corinthians 7 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those who leave their homes in search of new beginnings and possibilities in response to the call from God. Pray that they will experience the presence of God with them. Pray that they will find people who will welcome them willingly. Pray that they would have a smooth journey.

Joyful 'Toon For Today
God’s Love and Mine…