Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saved by Grace

Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse


Ruth is an example of someone who found breakthrough. Her background was nothing to write home about. She hailed from Moab - a nation of idol worshippers, a nation under divine condemnation. Despite her past, she was singled out to be the great grand-mother of Jesus Christ.

Ruth, Rahab, Tamar and Bathsheba are among the women listed in the genealogy of Jesus Christ. Two of these women (Ruth and Rahab) were gentiles but made it to the list. In our father's book of records, there is no discrimination on gender or nationality. As you stand out wherever you are for the good of the Kingdom, you are remembered and listed in Heaven's hall of fame.

Ruth was an idolater, Rahab a notorious harlot, Tamar was a victim of incest while Bathsheba was an adulteress, yet they never allowed the sins of the past to hinder their future. Do not allow the events of the past decide your present or future. Instead allow your past to be brought under the cover and cleansing power of the blood of Jesus, so it will not hinder you from entering your next level. In Ruth 2:11, she kept a good report after her salvation that won her favor and breakthrough.

Having confessed Christ as our Savior by grace, let us put aside old sinful habits and grow our Christian character to testify of God's goodness through Christ Jesus.

Prayer: Dear father and Lord, I commit my name into your hands. I pray save me by your grace as you have saved the women in your word. Lord I lay my life before you, wash my sins and my past with the blood of Jesus. Make me a brand new person to carry the mandate of your Kingdom as I live. Let your name be glorified in the life I live, and let your testimony remain with me everywhere. Holy Spirit I invite you to be my strength in every area in which I find myself weak. Be my helper; let me indeed be saved by your grace in Jesus name.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 5 2010 - 2 Chronicles 34 - 36 (OT), 1 Corinthians 10 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for people who desire to know Christ and live by His word, but are afraid of circumstances around them, their friends, family or colleagues. As many as are struggling with making a decision to stand for Christ, may they find positive energy to break out of such resistance and begin living the victorious life for Christ Jesus. If you know any person with this challenge, lift this person up to God.

Gods love and mine...