Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's All About You

"...I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."[Mark 2:17b, NIV]

Jesus Christ had just called Levi (Matthew), who was a tax collector, to follow Him. The words of Jesus we are considering today were His response to the Pharisees when they wondered why he sat and dined with the "sinners" and tax collectors. Matthew, who was once categorized as a sinner, wrote the first gospel. Think about what he had become as a result of his encounter with Jesus.

If the world had been righteous, there would have been no need for Jesus Christ to come, to preach repentance, or to purchase remission. He never rejected sinners. He finished the assignment which He came to earth for - to take away our sin and its consequences, and to bring us back in right standing with God.

Jesus Christ came because of you. Whenever the devill tries to make you feel bad because of your shortcomings or sin, or whenever you feel you cannot continue your walk with God because you have fallen many times, remember that Jesus came because of you. He came to purchase remission and He did a complete work. Because of Jesus, whenever you ask God for forgiveness, it is done and God does not remember your sin anymore.


Prayer: My Loving Father, even if I was the only person on earth, You would still have sent Your Son Jesus to die for me. Thank You Father. I want to take out time today to say Thank You Father, for Your unfailing, passionate and consistent love towards me. Whenever I feel guilty of sin or it seems I might give in to self-condemnation, I will remember that Jesus Christ came to earth because of me, and He has fully paid the price to bring me back to right standing with You. I declare that I am righteous because of Jesus. Thank You for forgiving me of my sin and placing before me a better life. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - July 13 2010 - Psalms 88 -105 (OT), Colossians 2-3 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Recall someone who has really touched your life in positive ways. Take out time today to say a prayer for the person. Also thank God for the opportunity that brought both of you together, and the circumstances that made the person touch your life.

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…