Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Prayer-Answering God

...For you answer our prayers.
All of us must come to you...

Our Loving Father is a God who hears and answers prayers. Prayer-hearing and prayer-answering are some of His attributes. They are part of His nature. He inspired the psalmist to call Him "The One Who Hears Prayer" [You can find this in many other versions of Psalm 65:2]. He selected that title for Himself and He delights to be called the God who hears and the God who answers prayer.

Our Loving Father is one who does not change. He declares, "I am the Lord, I change not" [Malachi 3:6]. He is in all generations as the same God who delights to hear and answer prayers.

Most times when we come before God in prayer, we do it out of duty or when it seems we have no other choice. Sometimes we believe He heard a few of our prayers or He has decided to answer some selected prayers of ours. This should not be so. When we come to God, our Father, we need to come to Him with the confidence and assurance that He is the one who hears and answers ALL our prayers. He that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

As you come before your Loving Father today, put aside any thought that makes you feel He may not hear or answer your prayers.  He is the God who never changes. He is the God who hears and answers prayers. He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

Prayer: My Loving Father, the God who hears and answers prayer, I thank You for revealing to me this attribute of Yours. Forgive me for times I may have come before You in prayer not believing that You can and You will answer my prayers. Knowing this nature of Yours, I make my prayers and requests known to You today and remain assured that You have not only heard me, but You have answered me. I give You praise for answered prayers. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - July 15 2010 - Psalms 106 -125 (OT), Colossians 4 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those who are actively pursuing their God-given dreams. Pray that their passion will be fueled to continue in their ministries for God. Pray that in the midst of pursuing their dreams, their needs will be met, they will be provided for and protected, and they will live a balanced life. If you know of any such person, lift up that person in prayer today.

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…