Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Working All Through The Night

...All that night the LORD drove the sea back...

This scripture for today is confirmation that God neither sleeps nor slumbers [Psalm 121:4]. The real work of God for the children of Israel did not happen when they awoke that morning to find they could cross the Red Sea, but it happened “ALL that night.”

You may be at a point in your life that seems like night or darkness. You may wonder, "what is going on?" or "when will this night be over". From the Heart of a Loving Father, rest assurred that there is a great work going on in your life when things seems their darkest. You may not see the evidence yet, but God is at work. God was just as much at work “all that night” as He was the next day, when the Israelites finally saw the evidence. The next day simply revealed what God had done during the night. Your "day" will come, and you will see evidence of the work God has been doing during your night. Wait expectantly on Him.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for You are God who neither sleeps nor slumbers. When it seems like nothing is going on in my life, you are working all through the night in my favour. I wait expectantly on You for my hope is in You only. By Your grace I will surely see the day after my night. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Aug. 24 2010 - Lamentations 1-3 (OT), 1 Thessalonians 2(NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…