Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

You Can Overcome

...for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith...

Everyone born of God has the ability to overcome the world. The world here could mean practices, trials, temptations, or circumstances that could make you doubt God or turn you from the right path in your walk with Him. You may find out that if you allow it, you can encounter somethings at every point in your walk with God that will rob you of your victory and your peace of mind. The enemy is far from retiring from his work of attempting to deceive and destroy God's children. The word assures us that everyone born of God overcomes the world. At each milestone in your life, it is wise to check the where you are in your faith and be very aware of the surrounding conditions, that you may not be robbed of your victory.

If you will do this and firmly exhibit your faith at the right moment, you can sometimes take your victory from the very jaws of defeat. Faith can change any situation, no matter how dark or difficult it may seem. Lifting your heart to God in a moment of genuine faith in Him can quickly alter your circumstances. God has given everyone a measure of faith [Romans 12:3].

God, your Loving Father, is still on His throne, and He can turn any situation into victory, if you will trust Him. Will you trust Him today?

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You that because of Jesus I can overcome the world. Thank You for giving me a measure of faith to start with. As I check where I am at every milestone of my walk with You, if my faith is not enough for what I have to face, I pray Father that You teach me and show me ways that I may grow my faith. May I be reminded of who You are, what You have done and what You can do if my trust in You is shaking. May I come to the point of peace and assurance that as Your child, indeed I have overcome the world. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Aug. 26 2010 - Ezekiel 1-3 (OT), 1 Thessalonians 4 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…